As an aspiring author, you’ve likely noticed there are lots of different publishing options available. It can be overwhelming.
Should you look for a literary agent and try to go the traditional route, a route that can take years to accomplish? Should you try to wear all the hats and self-publish, even if you don’t quite know what you’re doing?
You want the quality and prestige of a traditional publisher, but the creative freedom and high royalties of self-publishing. What kind of publisher should you choose?
At Publish Your Purpose, we use a unique hybrid publishing model that combines the benefits of traditional and self-publishing, without their shortfalls. Our model fulfills the 9 criteria required for professional hybrid publishers by the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA).
IBPA Hybrid Publisher Criteria
- Define a mission and vision for its publishing program
- Vet submissions
- Publish under its own imprint(s) and ISBNs
- Publish to industry standards
- Ensure editorial, design, and production quality
- Pursue and manage a range of publishing rights
- Provide distribution services
- Demonstrate respectable sales
- Pay authors a higher-than-standard royalty