A Q&A with the Publish Your Purpose Team
1. How did you come to work with PYP?
I was looking for a change of pace after years of high stakes projects in the technology industry, and wanted to find a way to bridge the gap between my professional interest in project management and my deep personal interest in writing.
2. What do you enjoy the most about your work?
After playing far too many strategy games as I was growing up, I’ve developed a taste for systems, strategy, and operations. To be able to marry that interest with my passion for writing is an incredible gift.
3. What are your favorite books or genre?
From a young age, I’ve had a deep interest in science fiction and gritty character-driven thrillers (psychological, political, espionage). If I had to pick only a single book to take with me to a desert island, it would be “Babylon Babies” by the French author Maurice Dantec.
4. How do you spend your free time?
Aside from writing, I am something of a current events junkie that spends far too much time reading the news. When I’m not doing that, I can frequently be found watching some prestige drama or high concept television series from somewhere in the world.
5. If you could have dinner with anyone, past or present, who would it be?
6. What is one thing very few people know about you?
I’ve been working on my current fiction project since 2002.
7. How would you define your purpose?
I am convinced that my sole purpose for existing is to tell the story that I’ve been trying to write and finish since 2002.